Monday, May 23, 2011

Spring at Nertherfield

(Please note that the following does not imply that I am getting married anytime in the near future. I simply enjoy the visual feast such occasions include. When I was a child my grandmother worked for a bridal shop and the perusal of wedding gowns has been a hobby of ours as long as I can remember.)

I enjoy www.dessy.com because they allow anyone to post inspiration boards and are constantly updating their catalogue of images, as well as letting you upload your own.

This board was inspired by Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice," which I have been listening to on my mp3 recently. Titled "Spring at Netherfield" I wanted it to encompass the romance of a formal garden party, with a nod to the elegance of the Regency era in which the novel takes place. Designed perhaps for a modern-day Bingley and Jane, this wedding would be light and airy, with gentle greens and pinks for colors and soft, romantic flowers- such as peonies and garden roses, gleaming silver serving pieces and delicate china place settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment